Tuesday 3 May 2011

Log 2: Google Docs

Google Docs is a site which allows people to upload documents and to invite others to view or edit the documents which have been uploaded. It also allows users to chat with other users, and to publish documents onto blogs or web pages.
Google Docs was particularly useful to me as it allows you to look back at previously uploaded documents, which meant I was able to scan through drafts and feedbacks to tweak my final document.

In the module handbook we were issued at the start of this year it talks about the benefits of having someone else look over your work. Using Google Docs I have been able to invite friends and family who I have wanted to read my drafts to go onto Google Docs and view my documents. This has meant they have been able to offer vital advice and support on my project, without me having to individually send each person a copy of my draft.

Being able to access my documents from anywhere has been really important for me. I am not always in a position in which I can take my laptop with me, so being able to work on my drafts away from my laptop, in the library or at friends’ houses has been incredibly useful to me.

Google Docs, as with Delicious will be something I can use in the future and is a welcome new addition to my ever growing knowledge of the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment